Some of the interesting enhancements:
- Addition of custom scopes for Spring beans (with HTTP session and request scopes out of the box)
- Extensible XML configuration, built around XML schema, with the ability to create namespaces defining custom elements that can be reused as building blocks. Maybe this could be used for tool registrations?
- Major AOP improvements…
- Improved JMS messaging.
- Support for dynamic languages; e.g. jruby, groovy, beanshell.
- Better Java 5 support.
- Spring MVC improvments. New Portlet MVC framework!
- Java Persistence API integration.
Technorati Tags: Sakai